CBSSports.com College Network Signs the University of Virginia
Aug. 6, 2012
NEW YORK, NY.: The CBSSports.com College Network, which produces approximately 150 official athletic sites for premium collegiate athletic brands, today announced they have signed the University of Virginia to produce and manage its official athletics site, Virginia Sports.
A former partner of the CBSSports.com College Network, Virginia returns after a five-year hiatus. During Virginia's absence, the CBSSports.com College Network sharpened its focus on partnering with premium brands across the collegiate landscape. This focus, while delivering a superior product with unequaled customer service, has transformed the CBSSports.com College Network into a portfolio of the biggest and most successful collegiate athletic brands.
"With our unequaled ability to service premium collegiate athletic brands, the University of Virginia is an ideal partner for the CBSSports.com College Network," said Rob Schupler, SVP Sales & Marketing, CBSSports.com College Network. "As part of the most powerful digital network in collegiate athletics, we will protect and grow the University of Virginia's athletic brand while generating revenue for their athletics department."
To demonstrate this transformation, below is a yearly comparison of the number of CBSSports.com College Network partner schools in the "Big Six" conferences (SEC, ACC, Big Ten, Big 12, Pac 12, Big East) for the past four years and where it stands today with the launch of Virginia Sports:
|Big Six Partner Schools||40||55 (+38% vs. 08)|
"We are pleased to partner with CBSSports.com College Network," said Todd Goodale, Associate Director of Athletics for Marketing and Video Services at the University of Virginia. "As we looked to enhance our website offerings, we realized CBSSports.com College Network offers the most robust package of products and design capabilities, a commitment to customer service and the financial stability of a multi-billion dollar media company. Our alumni, fans, and the athletics department will be the beneficiary of this powerful new relationship."
Partner additions to the CBSSports.com College Network since July, 2008
- 07/22/08 - Arizona (arizonawildcats.com)
- 07/31/08 - Texas (texassports.com)
- 08/15/08 - Tennessee (utsports.com) (utladyvols.com)
- 08/29/08 - Kentucky (ukathletics.com)
- 12/18/08 - Oregon State (osubeavers.com)
- 03/25/09 - Connecticut (uconnhuskies.com)
- 05/05/09 - Oklahoma State (okstate.com)
- 09/10/09 - Michigan (mgoblue.com)
- 10/19/09 - Wisconsin (uwbadgers.com)
- 07/05/10 - Georgia (georgiadogs.com)
- 07/06/10 - DePaul (depaulbluedemons.com)
- 07/29/10 - NC State (gopack.com)
- 08/02/10 - Ole Miss (olemisssports.com)
- 08/02/10 - Kansas State (kstatesports.com)
- 06/30/11 - Ohio State (ohiostatebuckeyes.com)
- 08/01/11 - Minnesota (gophersports.com)
- 08/06/12 - Virginia (virginiasports.com)
- 09/01/12 - Rutgers