CBSi Advanced Media
- Version 5.19 of TASBS. This is $400 new and $165 for an upgrade from a previous version.
- TASFTP, Stat Crew's live stats software, handles the operation of sending the stat data via FTP. If you do not have TASFTP, the cost is $400. If you have TASFTP, you do not need to upgrade.
- An internet connection at the facility.
Click for a full-scale, interactive version
Below is information regarding important settings, both in TASBS and Game Reports (Windows).
Lineups Starting lineups are required for baseball/softball before activating live stats, unlike other sports.
Once you have finished completing the "Game info" section, have selected the teams and rosters and have set the lineups, please take the following steps:
- Go to the "Main Menu" and click Remote Display
- Select Connect Comms and then hit Enter
- Return to "Main Menu" and select Scoresheet
- In the "Scoresheet" menu, select Options
- Enter A for "Auto-save between inns"
The "Auto-save between inns" step is a one-time step...only necessary before the first game each year.
Once you have gone through these steps, return to "Plays" and save your game. After saving, open Windows "Game Reports."
This is where you will identify the game for which XML file will be sent and enter the necessary settings to direct TASFTP - telling it to send an XML file (as opposed to HTML) and where to send it. Here are the steps:
- Click the Games List button in the upper left
- Select the appropriate game and click OK
- Go to the "Live" menu, select Live setup and enter/check the following:
GameTracker ID: Enter the game ID number. The ID number is the six- or seven-digit number located in the GameTracker URL. You no longer need to enter "ID-" before the number. There are two ways to find the ID number for a game:
1. Mouse over the GameTracker link wherever it may be found on your site (front page event listing, schedule page, etc.). When you mouse over the link, the URL will appear in a window just above your task bar. Here is an example of what the URL will look like (a portion of the URL):
2. Each school/conference has its own web page in which all GameTracker URLs created for a particular season are aggregated. You can find your URLs by clicking the appropriate link below and then clicking on your school code. If you are unsure of your school code, please contact your Manager.
Auto-send FTP: Check (also check the XML option)
FTP Site: ftp.netitor.com
User ID: fanslive
Password: Please check with your Manager
Target directory: schoolcode/sportcode (ex: usc/m-basebl; fsu/w-softbl)
Enable XML stats feed: Check
XML gameid: schoolcode (ex: usc)
Show stats on screen: Check
4. After entering/checking the appropriate information/boxes, click OK.
After clicking OK, you will see your box score appear in the "Game Reports" window. Additionally, TASFTP will send the initial file that you have set up (the result of Activating). You do not need to "Initialize live files."
You are now ready to go! After entering your first pitch or play, TASFTP will open in the background, move down to your task bar and then disappear once it's done sending the game file. You will also see your "Game Reports" box score update.
If you track balls and strikes and would like to present that information in the GameTracker interface, take the following steps:
1. Go to Game Reports -> Settings -> Report options
2. Check Show pitch chart info
3. Click OK
With that setting, a new file will be sent with each pitch.